|Position:||Security and Network Administrator|
|Position Status:||Regular FT|
|Supervisor:||Kevin Graham, Director, Network, Storage, and Security|
Overview of Position Objectives:
The Security Network Administrator will be responsible for various duties needed to maintain a 7x 24 x 365 worldwide production environment. The primary responsibilities of this position include managing the ValueClick security infrastructure, host side ACL’s, Cisco security and interdependencies. Scope of work includes server/storage installations, OS upgrades, patch management, configuration management, and security administration.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Support and maintain production servers (Sun Enterprise, EMC, Cisco SAN).
- Interface with vendors and support staff to manage projects from inception through completion.
- Server hardware installation; OS installation using remote installation tools (jumpstart, kickstart).
- Develop and maintain various system health monitoring and administration tools.
- Responsible for System architecture, server builds, configuration, backups, patches and new storage technology.
- Support development teams on system deployments and performance optimizations.
- Perform system backups on a predefined schedule.
- Provide documentation of configuration and troubleshooting procedures to facilitate other team members.
Skills / Education Requirements:
- 3+ years in production system environment, including proven experience running a 24x7 service.
- 3+ years Solaris experience with solid understanding of virtual memory, file systems, performance tuning, and end-to-end troubleshooting.
- 2+ years EMC Clariion experience of the full lifecycle including installation, optimization, troubleshooting, upgrades, and management of fault tolerance. Knowledge of software features including SnapView, SANCopy, and PowerPath is required.
- Thorough understanding of FibreChannel zoning, configuration, and fault isolation.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills through resolution; understanding problem from the network, OS, and application levels.
- Ability to configure, customize, and support typical UNIX daemons, including NFS, BIND, LDAP, and Apache.
- Comfortable in a collocation environment, with regards to power and cable management, cooling, and adherence to installation standards.
- Ideally some experience installing and configuring NetApp Data ONTAP and Cisco IOS devices.
- Rotating 24x7 on-call schedule, with responsibility to see problems through resolution.
- Available to occasionally work evenings or weekends for large-scale or high-priority projects.
- Periodic over night travel to remote collocations.
- Close daily interaction between other system administrators, DBAs, and developers.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV to: email@example.com.